Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010

Day 10

The question is: how many people do I reach? I guess most of us try to reach people, try to be noticed..even appreciated. I can honestly say that i never wanted to get into music for the popularity. I do all of this because i love hip hop with all my heart and that i just dont want to waste any time with being surrounded by anything but what i love. Popularity is a perk...but its a curse at the same time.. the more popular u get, the more ppl envy you and the more ppl try to get in your business.
To me its more important to know that i reached someone with my work.. that i made a change in hip hop. That i brought real hip hop to ones ipod, airwaves, reminded them that this kind of hip hop alot of ppl claim is dead, is still amongst us, alive and well.
(Median – Strides) I want to open doors for artists who go unnoticed but deserve to be heard because of their undeniable talent. I want to break records. I want to bring balance to the media. Want to open ears and minds. Make a couple heads happy. Preferably more than a couple. In ten years from now, i want to own a label, where its not about making one hit wonders, but timeless music. Where its not about glamorous videos but substance.
I want to run a radio station...balanced out.. that all heads can turn to and listen without hearing the same song 10 times in one day.(J.Dilla – Nothing like this) „There is nothing like this“
Hip Hop has brought out the best in me, and nothing negative ever. It has motivated me, fed my creativity, saved me from depressions, made me LIVE and be ACTIVE instead of letting life pass me by. So my wish is to give back to hip hop as much as i can. To nurture it, to better it. (The Funtouchables – Say Wha?!)

Song of the Day: J.Dilla – Nothing like this … cause i`ve never felt quiet like this!

Keine Kommentare: