Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010

Day 4

(No music playing)
today was a very slow day for me. Since i was working until 2am last night on the website (i hate to leave things unfinished once i really get started), I didnt wake up until 11 this morning. Which is a very unusual time for me to get up. The whole day i`ve felt kinda tired and lazy and not productive at all. I did do some more work on the website though and its almost finished. all thats missing are some pictures..and what else? hmm...thats probably it..
i did have a good convo last night with DJ Ras Cue (Cali Agents) from Oakland. He will mix the new tape I am working on, the under 21 tape, which some of you may have heard about (by the way, i`m still looking for music for that). I`m really excited to do this.. initially it was an idea by a friend of mine (yes, you mason!), who told me i should to something for the youth (or rather BY the youth) and the plans of doing a tape with artists who are all under 21 came up. I was sceptical at first because i personally cant recall any artists that young who attract my attention. So I didnt think that I would actually receive enough good music to put one whole tape together. If you know my tapes, you know that i will not put any bs on anything with my name on it! The funny thing is that during the submission progress I sent out a mass email asking for artists under 21 to send me their music, and damn, i got aloooot of negative responses.. that noone that age makes real hip hop, or what kind of stupid theme that is and so on..lol... i dont understand why ppl have to be so negative.. i mean, if thats how u feel, fine, but do u have to reflect that energy on me? while i`m trying to do something positive?
I believe this will be a great thing, and an opportunity to see and showcase where the next generation of hip hop is going. i also believe that alot of these youngens dont really receive our respect or our interest because of the souljah boy generation we see in them. But when you think about it, every generation in hip hop had a souljah boy. there was always an act that made you dance stupid and had a catchy hook that ppl got tired of after a while. so just because HE is on tv now (or whoever similar to him) doesnt mean that the whole generation is on the same bullshit. I think the exciting thing about rap music is, is that it constantly evolves and grows into different directions and we should not be so stuck in our ways and preferences but rather be openminded.
I have to admit I dont always practise what i preach. Because i feel like the balance is missing. I go to a club out here and all night long they play the SAME ish! the same "drop down on the floor, do the stanky leg, throw urself out the window" and the beats! OH MY GOD! they all sound the same! Its funny.. i got a mixtape by this dj who spins at a club i go to..i go home, pop it in, not expecting much, and damn...every beat on that tape sounded EXACTLY the same. the only way i was able to tell those songs apart was the different dance moves they were commanding you to do. other than that, it sounded like a 60 min loop... and it pisses me off, because i got sooo much underground rap that you can dance to and that got crazy, creative, outstanding beats. damn, just listen to the black milk tronic album! or at least throw the cool kids on or something..man... the weekend is about to come and i`m gonna be dealin with the same ish...
anyway...i kinda went off subject here..lol.. the point is..i am excited about the under 21 tape and i`m always happy to come out with themed tapes that you dont see everywhere else... so, be on the lookout for that one! :)
i have to get up early in the morning so i wont pull a late nighter tonight, i`m actually about to crawl into my bed..like i said, not a very productive day.. anyway, check out www.istillloveher.de if u havent.... god, i love hip hop!

Keine Kommentare: