Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010

Day 2

(Sidenote: I included a lil soundtrack of whats playin on my ipod as i write this)

I`m not gonna tell yall any bullshit on here. I wont try to make myself sound better than i am. this is real. its real life and i am a real person. and i want people to see how this really works/or doesnt work..
well...lets see..i got up today, for day two.. and its so nice to get up on ur own time. i dont sleep that long naturally but i hate being waken up by an alarm clock. So just to wake up whenever i do, is beautiful.. So i have breakfast, work out for a min and get in the shower. After that I sit down in front of my computer, ready to get to work.. I made a list yesterday of things I need to do within the next weeks, so I look at the list and see what i can get done today. (Busta - Woo Hah Jay Dee Rmx) The list is long as hell and alot of the stuff i am not sure how to go about. Like this event i am planning, i have to write up a proposal for it.. Nowadays, whenever u need to do something that you have no idea how to, you google it, right? And i cant find ish on this! Maybe on american google but that wont help me cause german even proposals are probably different. So I just had to come up with something from scratch.. And it worries me because I dont want to look like an amature..(which i am, when it comes to event planning, unless u wanna count parties at my house haha).. I been planning to do a Digital Undaground event, based on the mixtape series.. Over here in Germany, its hard to find a nice hip hop party to go to on the weekend, unless its a live show.. everything here, as far as nightlife, is lil jon, souljah boy bs.. they just dont get that u can dance to a black milk joint just as hard..
anyway..dont let me get off track here.. i finished the proposal, not sure if its good at all and i`m waiting on this guy who works at the (AZ - Game of Life) venue I wanna throw it at.. havent heard from him in like 3 weeks..thats one thing i cant stand about the entertainment biz. u always gotta be on ppls asses if u wanna get something done. The ideal situation is when you can do it all by urself and dont have to rely on anyone..but...thats hardly ever the case..so now thats on ice, cause i gotta wait on him... so i move on to the next task... gettin myself on as many networking / music websites as possible. Let me tell you, networking is the most important part of this biz! If you dont network, you might as well quit. Cause no one will check for u if u dont put urself out there and approach ppl! alot of artists dont understand that and therfore fail. You can have the best flow/sound in the world, if ppl dont hear about u, u`ll die unknown.
So i`m on reverbnation today, trying to figure this thing out.. And i dont even know what to sign up as..lol..i do mixtapes..radio..i manage..i`m a fan..a supporter (Black Ice - Lone Soldier)..I do a whole lot of things, so to limit myself by checking only one of those little boxes that is gonna define my status? not feelin that... (Clipse - There was a murder)..well, eventually i went with "manager" cause i guess thatll give me a chance to include my mixtapes and radio show as well..
i`m pretty good with computers and the internet, but damn..i cant figure this website out..lol..and it frustrates me.. ALOT..so, i didnt finish up my page on there yet..i keep going back, but its a pain in the ass.. but its something that needs to be done..
Next time on my list was getting a list of dj contacts to send my groups music to.. i wish there was one big website that had a whole lot of djs on it.. or something where artists could just drop off their music and djs could pick it up if they liked it..hmm...sounds like an idea... or anyone know a site like that already? (De La Soul - The Bizness 2009 remake) it took me about an hour to find about 15 german online underground hip hop stations and their contacts... i need an assistent...asap..lol.. ish like that just takes up too much time!
i`m in a lil funk today..i keep thinking about takin a "break" and sit down and watch some tv...but i know if i do that i wont get back to work.. i`m having a battle with myself about work ethics today..but as u see, i`m still here.. at my desk.. workin on 2 computers at the same time..lol.. god, i hope this pays off one day..lol.. so whats next? i guess i need to hit up reverbnation again... any websites yall recommend? I`m out for now..be back tomorrow...wish me luck, dont want my lazy half to win the battle!

Song of the day: Dead Prez - Discipline

2 Kommentare:

Hubert hat gesagt…

I think you cover a lot of the worthwhile sites. You have MySpace, Bandcamp and Facebook. ReverbNation is very niche and it's an accessory, not a necessity.

If there are communities that you want to engage in, I would get involved at Hypebot and Music Think Tank and Musformation. There are tons of forward-thinking music industry types that you can learn from that frequently comment on these sites. From these sites, it will send you down the rabbithole of the unending amount of resources for artists that many never really use.

Great piece, keep up the hard work!

Hubert hat gesagt…

Also try Plugola (http://plugo.la)!